Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Replacement Board for Event Electronics Tuned Reference MonitorTR-5?

In article , Paul wrote:

Replacing both pots sounds like a good idea, but isn't the linear
taper going to be decently similar, even between different manufacturers?

Hopefully, if it really IS linear. I'll say that a lot of Chinese pots
that are supposed to be linear aren't. Rather than fiddle with making
everything match, I'd first see if the old one cleans up with cleaning.

It's not easy getting these little reference speakers apart: the
cabinets seem to be glued somewhat permanently together (no screws, just
glue).

Yes, they are not intended to be maintained.