Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default Replacement Board for Event Electronics Tuned Reference MonitorTR-5?

On 10/12/2018 6:49 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
In article , Paul wrote:
The sensitivity/gain pot had the center wiper lifted, so it was
an open! When I shorted the center lead to the high gain lead, my
sig gen was loud and clear! And I could hear the crossover working,
as the sound went from woofer to tweeter as I increased the frequency.

I believe this is a linear taper (not log) pot, 2KB.

I hope my electronics place has one with similar physical
dimensions, when I go there tomorrow morning.

Pump it full of Cramolin or Calube or FaderLube or whatever today's
popular version of Quietrole is. It'll be fine.

If you replace it, replace it on both speakers so you -know- the taper is
the same.
--scott

Thanks for the advice.

Replacing both pots sounds like a good idea, but isn't the linear
taper going to be decently similar, even between different manufacturers?

It's not easy getting these little reference speakers apart: the
cabinets seem to be glued somewhat permanently together (no screws, just
glue).