Posted to rec.audio.tubes
[email protected] vwmicrobus@gmail.com is offline

Default Restoring a Sherwood S-5000

On Sunday, January 12, 2014 2:52:54 PM UTC-5, wrote:
Hello all, One of my favorite tube amps has to be the Sherwood S-5000. ....

-forkinthesocket

Thank you for the weath of info! I happen to have an S-5000 that I love. It has a hum in the phono preamp though.. something I would like to get rid of. I really like how you can vary the loudness curve by adjusting the preamp volume along with the master volume, that plus the tone controls gives me plenty of ability to get the sound I want at any level. A very well thought out amp. The selector switch allows stereo, reverse stereo, mono channel A, mono B, & mono A+B plus, pulling out the balance knob changes the phase on one channel. Very flexible!
Here is a video of me testing it out when I first got it:
http://youtu.be/pRzVHkyYUso
It is now in my listening room connected to a set of vintage Warfedale speakers..

--JRC