Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS GregS is offline

Default Old Kraco stereo no negative speaker wires

In article , wrote:
Hello,

I recently came into possesion of an old Kraco AM/FM/CB shaft radio
(NOS). I want to mount it in my Jeep. Problem is.....the factory
wiring "harness" consists of 4 wires: Power,Ground,Left speaker + and
Right Speaker +.......no speaker -'s

Any ideas ?

The radio does not a have a bridged output. The maximum output into 4 ohms
will be about 4 watts vs 16 watts bridged. Take 14 volts dived by 2, times .707,
times itself, divided by 4. Half that wattage for 8 ohm speakers.

There is voltage loss in the semiconductors, so absolute voltage is
not relistic.

greg