dave weil

Default Dubya tumbles to all-time low...

On Fri, 06 Feb 2004 15:22:18 -0600, in rec.audio.opinion you wrote:

If you like, assume Kennedy's 1964 re-election, and it's still 36 years
in the past. I think the national demographics make it nearly impossible
for a northeastern Democrat to make a convincing showing. Christ,
Humphrey couldn't win even with Wallace pulling a lot of southern
conservative votes from Nixon. Gore didn't even carry Tennesee. The
northeastern and midwestern candidates that the Democrats have fielded
in the last 40 years have provided a series of textbook examples of how
not to pick national candidates.

I just wanted to point out that Democrats and Republicans have held
the Oval Office for the same amount of time since 1961 UNTIL the
current President Bush.

And both sides have had Presidential scandals and one-term Presidents
who were tossed by an angry electorate who were partially victims of
their times and partially victims of their policies. The next 9 months
will determine how President Bush fares and I maintain that there are
a lot of things that can happen, both to help him and to hurt him as
well.