Posted to rec.audio.pro
Jim

Default Ripping Vinyl to the computer?

Recently, in annother NG, a guy turned me on to Audacity. I have a good
version of Adobe Audition but went to check it out anyway. found it
here...http://audacity.sourceforge.net/ worked real nice when I tested it.
Of course when you do digitize those old albums you are going to want to
clean up the hiss, snaps and cracks. I like my commercial copy of Audition
but won't be a salesman for them here as I am sure there are other freeware
proggies out there that work just as good.
"CyberSurfer" wrote in message
I've got a bunch of old LP's that I want to rip into either MP3, or WAV
format on my computer. I'm using XP pro, and an onboard sound card. No
sound editing software other than MS sound recorder, which sucks...
What software would be good for doing what I want to do? I don't need some
expensive package, just something that will work.

Thanks,
--
Rich