Posted to rec.audio.opinion
hophead hophead is offline

Default Best speaker under $1000/Pair

In article a69b12fc-d144-40da-b337-4a6fd8aaa533
@k31g2000vbu.googlegroups.com, says...

Remember Ed Shain? I think he had something to do with NHT at one
point. That cancels out the Arny factor.

Then again, I think they've changed ownership a couple of times, so I
can't vouch for 'em anymore.

Yeah - NHT has had some problems financially and have changed hands a
couple of times. Still, they've always made a good product and deliver
good value.

Another speaker to consider - the Ascend Sierra 1. I admit that I
haven't heard them, but some folks I trust rate them very highly and
believe they punch way above their class.

I do know of one "blind" listening get together where these were very
competitive with B&W 805s (some preferred the Sierras), which is pretty
good given their price.

They can be had for below $1000.00 (I think under $800.00 at the moment)
and do have a money back guarantee if you're not satisfied.

David Fabrikant (the designer) knows his stuff and will go through great
lengths to keep a customer happy. Anyway, if I were looking for a sub-
1000 pair of speakers, they'd definitely be on my list:

http://www.ascendacoustics.com/