Posted to rec.audio.tubes
John Byrns John Byrns is offline

Default mu feedback

In article , "Alex"
wrote:

"flipper" wrote in message
Funny you should mention it because I'm playing around with some dry
battery tubes and considered doing just that: screen feedback. I ended
up not including the pentode preamp in the loop, though.

Basically a toy at this stage but kinda cute, I think anyway.

http://flipperhome.dyndns.org/Batman.htm

Nice crcuit. I would remove (short out) redundant R11 (and reduce R10 to
maintain the overall gain). This would reduce AF voltage on the first
pentode 1N5GT plate.

Eliminating R11 appeals to my urge to minimize the parts count, but
beyond that what is the advantage reducing the AF voltage on the first
pentode 1N5GT plate? Is that the best thing to do, perhaps it would be
better to reduce the AF current on the first pentode 1N5GT plate?

--
Regards,

John Byrns