Arny Krueger

"Marshall" wrote in message
I am having a very frustating time getting the volume we desire out of
my sound system w/o excessive feedback. I play in a bluegrass band (
www.whitepinehollow.com ) and attempting to get a clean, amplified
acoustic sound working a single condenser mike. Our system is: AKG C
3000 B mike, sometimes a AKG C 1000 on the acoustic bass at very low
gain, Mackie 1202 board, JBL EON G2 Powered speakers. It seem like
I'm in a tug - of - war between cutting gain (loosing the mike power
we need) and increasing volume. I've had tons of advise from "ditch
the powered speakers - they're for outdoors only", to "ditch the
condenser mikes, they'll only feed". I am tempted to try a feedback
eliminator but have been told they take out too much tone?

Any and all suggestions are welcomed!

Check out these potentially helpful documents:

http://www.carvin.com/doctorsound/drsound03.php

http://www.shure.com/support/technotes/app-eq.html

http://www.prosoundweb.com/install/tfw/feedback.php

I think you'll find that they don't relate very strongly to any of the
issues you've raised. I've got a few concerns about a few items in these
documents, based on my own experiences. But, I think they will get you from
where you are, to where you need to be for additional discussion of the
matter.