Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Ground Loop

geoff the Kiwi Jerk wrote:

---------------------------

My Panasonic TV (TH-50PH9UK) is a video monitor only;
all audio is routed through my NAD preamp and amp.
Last week, a hum started without having made any changes to any systems.

** That makes no sense - how do you get a TV pic.

You have no cable or antenna connection ?

You must have missed the bit "My Panasonic TV (TH-50PH9UK) is a video
monitor only" !

** Nup, a TV set can be a monitor with a digital STB plus antenna or cable box supplying the video.

Important to know, as those are prime causes of hum loops.

..... Phil