Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Why don't these signals null?

John Williamson wrote:

-----------------------

Or are you just copying the original recording to another track in the
mix? In which case they should null exactly unless the settings on the
two tracks differ.

** IMO you are wasting your time - the OP is an idiot.

Reminds me of an event years ago when a local small studio operator had a problem with his Yamaha REV 7 digital reverb.

On the phone he claimed it had stopped working in stereo - he could no longer pan pot sounds coming out in in a stereo mix.

Being an unfamiliar model to me, I agreed to take a quick look at it and soon realised the despite having L & R inputs and outputs, it was not a genuine stereo unit but rather it simulated stereo from a mono path at the output.

His claim that it used to work in true stereo was bogus, but nothing I said would convince him otherwise. He eventually picked up the unit and left in a huff to find a better tech.

His business card said "Enterprise Studios" with a pen drawing of the famous space ship.

So I dubbed the guy "Captain Jerk".

..... Phil