Robert Morein

Default Salvation of Stereophile

"fathom" wrote in message
I find myself spending less and less time on each issue. Down
to about 5 minutes now. Maybe I've just outgrown it, but I used
to read every word. There's just something perverse about a
bunch of paunchy old white guys spewing endlessly about $38,000
turntables. Maybe twice a year they write about something I'm
actually interested in.

The thing is, I'm probably the ideal subscriber - I can afford
to buy a $38k turntable if I want one. I don't want one.

The solution is to turn it into a nut rave.
Every month, Atkinson should pick one of us to be a guest ranter.
Stereophile could also implement a scoring system for rao'ers: "Usenet
cacophony pick of the month."

Stereophile is too smooth, too dignified. It goes very well with wine but
poorly with crack