Posted to rec.audio.high-end
abbeynormal abbeynormal is offline

Default Audiophile Sinatra

On Saturday, October 10, 2015 at 8:24:24 PM UTC-7, Gary Eickmeier wrote:
I bought a Sinatra CD for the fancy red cover, thinking that it would hav=

e=20
the best audio quality. It was not. It seemed to be highly compressed, po=

or=20
soundstaging, What is the best sounding Sinatra album?
=20
Thanks,
=20
Gary Eickmeier

his 80th anniversary disc sounded decent to me. technically speaking, one w=
ould have to go back to the 50s mono stuff he did to get the purest sound. =
when they started doing the multi-track stuff in the late 60s they "fixed t=
hings in the mix" which more often than not made things somewhat dense/opaq=
ue-sounding, at least to my ears.