Posted to rec.audio.tubes
patrick-turner patrick-turner is offline

Default You won't believe this if I tell you...

Andre Jute Aug 4
Other recipients:
220km a week! You're a hard man, Patrick.

Andre Jute

I have averaged between 11,000km and 13,000km per year for the last 3 years..

Last week was 240km, including a 70 km ride last Sunday where I got soaked by rain and temperature stayed below 10C. Remarkably, 3 of the bunch of 6 on the day in the Pedal Power "slow" group were shielas, one Glenys in her mid 60s like me, and Carol who might be close to 60 because her partner is older. He turned for home when the strong headwind became filled with buckets of water and bits of ice. Carol then was left alone to deal with me and I could only just stay ahead of her, with Glenys not far behind. C and G have very fine figures, quite beautiful IMHO. The remaining couple were much slower and they sort of kept together. Weather cleared up and we all stopped for MT after 50km, and I had the intelligent company of the 2 ladies to myself at a table in the sun and a bit out of the wind, and not inside the cafe where mostly fat ppl tucked into brunch consisting of utter junk food I would and could not eat. But coffee was OK and my muffin was quite sufficient.