Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Audio Empire Audio Empire is offline

Default Need advice for a small room

On Thu, 10 May 2012 11:53:52 -0700, Peter Wieck wrote
(in article ):

On May 10, 11:55=A0am, ScottW wrote:
On May 10, 6:10=A0am, Peter Wieck wrote:

On Apr 26, 9:23=A0am, Robert Peirce wrote:

=A0 I felt the same way...until my Quads created an oh so small, but oh
so sweet...spot.

ScottW

I would never dispute the sweetness of the spot - but I would dispute
the adequacies of the speakers and/or the forced placement in the room
if that spot were the only truly sweet option.

Point being that headphones will accomplish that ideal at a fraction
of the cost, time or trouble.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Not really. Unless we are talking about binaural recordings, 'phones don't
really do stereo very well. The images are usually inside one's head (I mean
spatially, not as in "sound is made in the brain rather than the ears) when a
stereo recording is played. But good binaural can be extremely realistic
sounding (until one moves one's head and the image moves it).