Posted to rec.audio.car
OldSch00lf00l OldSch00lf00l is offline

Default Need Help!!! I dont know whats wrong with my amp

James wrote:
The obvious, and most likely problem is that he has blown a fuse. They are
made to take care of the very type of thing this person did. There was a
direct short from voltage positive to ground. One of two things could
happen. Either the car caught fire, or a properly designed and placed fuse
blew.

He didn't say anything about the car burning up.

James

Or something in the amplifier's power supply blew to protect that $1
fuse. Murphy's law dictates that the most expensive product in the
electrical path will blow to protect the cheapest part.