Eric Desrochers

Default "High Power" Head Unit to Power Separates?

Joe wrote:

If high sound levels aren't required, that might not be true.
Assuming that each setup won't be pushed to distortion, decent
speakers driven by 15 watts per channel RMS will probably sound better
than so-so speakers driven by 40 watts per channel RMS.

Regards,
Joe

The new 60 W X 4 "hybrid" Alpine HU will reportedly put out a real 25
watts X 4 so are not too weak in the clean power department. Used with
the internal hi-pass crossover near 80 Hz, high level and great headroom
can be obtained.

I use an Alpine CDA 9815 HU with Alpine 5.25 component front and 6.5
coax rear driven off the HU. I was shocked how much louder and cleaner
this HU is compared to my previous Alpine CDM-7834 (35W X 4). The SPL
will make your ear ring after 10 minutes of loud listening...
particularly AC/DC!

As always, my 0.02
--
Eric (Dero) Desrochers