Mark Zarella

Default "High Power" Head Unit to Power Separates?

Then I suggest you rearrange your priorities. You're talking about a/d/s/
and MB speakers which both cost a lot, but not a $100 amp? A set of
mid-level speakers running off an amplifier will sound better than the best
speakers in the world running off the HU.

--

"Davey V" wrote in message
Only ruling out an amp for now because I don't have time and funds to do

it
the right way. Which separates are you thinking of that would work well

in
this application?

"Mark Zarella" wrote in message
I'm upgrading my BMW ('5 540i) factory head unit to a Kenwood

KDC-X869,
which has "high power."

"High power" apparently means ~15 watts per channel, which is what head
units produce.

Would my system sound better than stock if I used
the new head unit's amp and some high quality separates (e.g. MB

Quart,
a/d/s, etc.) or is the internal amp inadequate to power this category

of
speaker?

It may or may not sound better than stock (depends on how stock sounds I
guess). It probably will sound better.

Are there separates that are particularly effiicient and designed
for to run of a hu?

Yes. Why are you ruling out an amp?