Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Jim Landers

Default EL84(6BQ5) Canadian-made Mullard tubes made for Rogers.

John Stewart wrote:
Doug Bannard wrote:

"François Yves Le Gal" wrote:
On Fri, 18 Nov 2005 20:42:44 -0500, Doug Bannard wrote:

I have no doubt forgotten others.
Yup, what about Northern Electric?

http://www.tubeworld.com/215a.jpg
http://www.tubeworld.com/396ane.jpg

Yes, thanks for including Northern Electric. It was remiss of me to
forget them...particularly in view of the fact that I worked for them
for 23 years!

Best Regards : Doug Bannard

In my stash I have two (2) NE 416B's. They are s/n 305 & s/n 687. Both are
stamped 'Made in Canada' around the rim.

Cheers, John Stewart

This is a follow-up to my question about Rogers EL84's. I bought the
pair in question and they are very smooth and sweet. I don't know how
they would compare to Mullards or Telefunkens of the same vintage, but
IMHO they are much better than the Electro Harmonix they replaced. FWIW.
jrl