Trevor Wilson

"Brian Bower" wrote in message
If a nuclear bomb was dropped on the USA or if we have a War in the
World with Bombs that can disrubt the Magnetic Field in an area they
explode then all Computer's , Semiconductors and transistors will be
usesless. Here are some thoughts.
1.) Since Semiconductors will be destroyed if there is to much radiation
/ or magnetic field will the Goverment go back to making Tubes and Tube
devices in order for our military to function. Some Tubes are too bulky
but if a whole new line of Nuvistor Tubes were to be designed we might
be able to survive more in a war or in a terrorist society. ???

**Nonsense, on so many levels. Nuclear weapons create and EMP (Electro
Magnetic Pulse) which *may* damage some semiconductors. If those semis are
isolated within a Faraday Shield (ooh, say, like a computer case) they will
probably survive. Particularly, if they are not actually being used.

2.) Military Aircraft need computers to help fly them. Would it be
possible to build a Nuvsistor type computer system to be used in planes
incase of a war . ????

**Modern war craft employ 'hardened' elecytronics systems, which are pretty
much impervious to EMP. It has been that way for many years.

3.) IF the Goverment wanted to go back to making tubes again - Does RCA,
Sylvania, GE have the old Tube Tools to make these tubes again ???.

**Not likely.

4.) If say RCA, Sylvania, GE have lost the designs and tools to make
tubes again do you think that the millitary may ask the public say they
were to buy our left over tubes to dysect and use as a blueprint to
build a new generation of tubes that can be used in a Nuclear type war.
???

**Not necessary. Tubes are finished. The only use for tubes, in in musical
instrument amplification and an insignificant number of domestic audio
devices.

I would be a rich man. i have alot of tubes still....hahaha...
I think is an idea that the US Goverment should think about !!!. What
do you all think about this ???.

**I think you should go and have a nice lie down.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au