JoVee

playon at wrote on 7/5/04 4:05 PM:

On Sun, 4 Jul 2004 16:05:42 -0700, "Uncle Russ"

Big deal. After 9 months, I doubt I have sold as many as 60 albums.

Yeah but do you ever play anywhere? A pal of mine sold 170 of his CDs
at one recent concert where he was opening for a name act & he
routinely sells dozens of CDs at his smaller gigs.

this is THE singular way to market product... face-to-face
the job starts with load-in and sound check 4-6pm
you get a sandwich from 6-6:15, change clothes,
then from 6:30-7:25 you;re in the lobby smiling, signing and selling
then you head to the stage, walk on and play an hour
from 8:30-8:55 you;re in the lobby smiling siging and selling
then you head to the stage, walk on and play an hour
then from 10-10:30 you're in the lobby smiling signing and selling
then you count the till, get paid, do a panic pack and load
then from 11:45-1:30am you do late dinner with the venue king,
Make Nice and verbally book next year
get to the hotel by 2am
travel
repeat 3-6 times a week
this is a LIGHT small-venue acoustic tour

--
John I-22
(that's 'I' for Initial...)