EggHd

As this subject is being disucussed there are few "rules" to look at. (Obvious
stuff)

1. Have a recording budget modest enough to cover with the sale of a few
hundred targeting units. Without a brand name, it's a tad silly to spend 40K on
a record and then have to fund the marketing on top of that. You would be
looking at the need to sell at least 6k units to break even. Not easy for an
unknown act.

2. Make sure the marketing spend is targeting to sell to people who will likely
buy the CD. Keep away from vanity marketing UNLESS it can increase the
personal appearance side of the business enough to offset the spend.

3. Although it sounds un music like you HAVE to look at your CD as product.
Think if you were releasing your own brand of Cola. You go into a market and
ask them to stock a few 12 packs. They are going to want to know why they are
going to give up shelf space for proven sellers to stick your product there.

4. Don't think that just because you have a great web site or product on Ebay
that people will find it. Get linked to like artists sites, go in chat rooms
and talk about your CD, do anything to drive trafiic to your product. People
aren't going to find you - You have to find them.

5. Like launching any new business, work hard and don't give up.