Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] kentheaudiomonk@gmail.com is offline

Default Best digital music recording program

On Friday, December 5, 2014 at 10:47:39 PM UTC-8, Tom Evans wrote:
What's the best digital music recording program that comes with many
terrific instrument sounds?

I'm thinking of buying Logic Pro 10, as I'm a Mac user and I'm using
Garageband and a controller to record songs on the Mac, but I'm finding
Garageband's instrument sounds are too limited.

The price of Logic seems to be good ($200) but I wonder if there's a
program that easeir to learn and use; Logic seems to be complicated.

I was actually going to suggest Logic, as songwriters seem to really love it because of its many instrument sounds and general ease of use. While a lot of DAWs come with instruments, Logic seems to really embrace that right out of the gate.

Full disclosure, though...although I have seen Logic in action many times, I've never actually used it, usually sticking with the old dinosaur that is Pro Tools, which also has a number of instruments (analog-style synth, drum machine, organ, piano).

Ken