Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChrisG ChrisG is offline

Default Auditronics 310

On 4/7/2019 7:36 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
I did, but it was decades ago, and it was in a broadcast application.

The things to watch out for in general on consoles of that era:

1. quality of controls -- many inexpensive consoles were built with
consumer grade pots and switches that went bad. I don't remember
the Auditronics as feeling cheap but again it's been a long time.
How does it feel?

2. Internal impedances... a lot of late 70s/early 80s consoles were
made with high-Z networks and fet input op-amps. This keeps prices
down, heat down, and allows you to use a tiny power supply, but it
makes for noise problems by modern standards. Get the schematic and
if you see 100M pots, expect noise.

I remember the EQ on the Auditronics as being kind of limited, but I
don't really remember anything good or bad about it. It didn't make
me pull my hair out though.
--scott

-- "C'est un Nagra. C'est suisse, et tres, tres precis."

And thank you for reminding me of the two Tascam Model 10s I used to
have strapped together.
Looked great.
That is all.