Posted to rec.audio.pro
ChrisG ChrisG is offline

Default Auditronics 310

On 4/7/2019 6:50 PM, geoff wrote:
On 7/04/2019 12:12 PM, ChrisG wrote:

Anyway, to reiterate for anyone else who may be remotely interested or
helpful:

I think Ive already convinced myself to go through with the
Auditronics project unless:
€ś€¦there might be someone out there with first hand experience to warn
me if this thing was just a really well built turd, even when it was
new€ť.

Or, any suggestions for groups or forums where geriatric radio folk
hang out?

BTW: Mike, The VCAs are DBX2150a.
Cheers

Unless you are undertaking this as a 'vintage restoration' type of
project, suggest evaluate what your time is worth, and what the current
functional, specification, and financial aspects compare with sourcing a
current (or less old) mixer that may well trump (ooops sorry about the
choice of words !) the Auditronics console in most ways.

geoff

Im in the midst of a long term move in which Im transferring all my
music and recording gear from one house to another. My €śstudio€ť (I hate
using that word when its really just a pile of equipment in the living
room) is not commercial, so I dont have to impress anybody with brands.
I just want to make the most of a vast collection of cool crap Ive
accumulated over several decades. My choice is to re-install a 20 year
old Peavey, or give this thing a try. Given the quality of components
and construction Ive deemed it more timeworthy than anything else I
could afford; I already own it, and I have a parts donor and full
documentation. The little digital mixers can come and go, but once
ensconced, the analogue behemoths will probably stay put for the rest of
my miserable life.