Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

Default Shure KSM8 polarity

I have an enquiry from a client who has decided to replace a capsule on
a cabled KSM8 mic. He received the mic with the wires already
disconnected and does not know which way around to connect then to the XLR.

He says there is a red and a green wire from capsule. I suggested red
would likely go to pin 2 and green to pin 3, pin 1 being fixed to the
casing. But I can't be shure (ha ha). Anybody know ?

And no suggestions to contact the distributors here - the client *is*
the distributors ! Just no time to get in touch with Shure USA because
of our time difference.

geoff