Posted to rec.audio.pro
Paul[_13_] Paul[_13_] is offline

Default My Event Electronics Monitor TR-5s are Spoiling me!

I use these as my bedside computer speakers, and they sound
great! But I'm spoiled now, so I don't wanna go back to using
anything else!

And here's an interesting thing: They are so clean, that it's
very obvious when a live concert streaming off Youtube is an
older tape recording, or a modern digital one.

It's like night and day with these speakers!

So much so, that I'm getting picky about which live
concerts I will listen to. About from the 90's or
earlier, the quality of the recordings and mixes is
just too muddy for me now! From about 2000 and above,
you can hear the clean digital recordings they started
using live. What a difference!

And this is also an indication that the audio on YouTube
videos is not as bad as some seem to think.

These TR-5s ROCK!