Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Fake raid

geoff wrote:

I am sure any large chain or reputable shop sources goods only from the
official distributors.

Parallel importers of 'gray-market' items, and new gear on eBay that
comes from overseas sources I would not trust.

Yeah, but there are so many ways the supply chain can get contaminated
these days. We got some bad 2N3055s from a major distributor last year.
Turned out someone had ordered a couple hundred ST ones and returned them,
except that what they returned wasn't what they had been shipped and the
distributor put the returns back insto stock.