Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default trying to match my voice to existing recording with Audacity

On 19/03/2019 14:16, JBI wrote:

Thanks.Â* For vocal elimination, which would have been ideal and much
easier to work with, I found out that the song wasn't recorded in a way
to benefit from it and apparently there are no online instrumental only
versions available.Â* I suppose I should have posted the song originally
and this is it:

If all else fails, there are MIDI versions available, though I did find
a number of different sets of lyrics with the same title.

Fiddling with the timing of a MIDI backing track to get it to match and
then singing along to that is likely the easiest way to get your timing
right.

But as Mike says, to do it well, you will need to get into the same
groove as the singer, in intonation and emphasis as well as timing. She
does put a lot of feeling into it, and I would have loved to be
recording that session.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.