Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default trying to match my voice to existing recording with Audacity

On 3/19/2019 10:16 AM, JBI wrote:
I thought it would be simple, but I'm finding it very difficult to match
her vocal.Â* I did try cutting and changing with time stretching, but I
have to do this way too much.

I suppose the only way will be to more precisely try singing to her voice.

That's how backup vocals are recorded - always listening to the lead
singer, even if they're singing when the lead isn't, because it gets
them into the singer's groove. But this is not an easy thing to do. It's
why the bass player's girl friend always gets a mic of her own when
she's singing with the group of background vocalists - so they can take
her out of the mix.