Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default I Bit The Bullet...

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 7:56:33 PM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
... and purchased a pair of Sony's MDR7506 headphones. Why? Well, my Phillips phones or cans, as some call them, lacked the high frequency end. See, music should be pleasant to listen too, not "harsh" sounding.

But, what I do find amazing, how many claim this or that pair of headphones sound great, but so very, very few grade CD audio during reviews.

Before Charley Lake was canned at WMGK-FM (Philly) [before Bill Weston took his duties - also manages WMMR-FM] I would e-mail him and tell him to get rid of that foul sounding Rolling Stones song!! He replied, "I guess you don't like ABKCO". He read my mind!! But, let's face facts, it's not like the top dogs in radio try very hard to impress with pristine sound quality, why HD Radio fell flat on its face. But, Charley was nice and asked where to purchase some CCR finer stereo. I TRY to help radio stay afloat!

A contributor sent this, a nice 7" vinyl rip. Sadly, Rolling Stone Magazine failed to mention it is not included on any Mirage album CD/DVD [box] set. Yeah, Classic Rock experts...

http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...s/gypsy-fm.mp3

Jack

One thing I'd not prefer is the folding part. Rather have it fixed - too sloppy as is.
Plus, all the sudden, an ear cushion fell off!! Pain to put it back on! But I still like my Sony's!

Jack