Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default I Bit The Bullet...

On Wednesday, September 7, 2016 at 6:24:53 PM UTC-4, geoff wrote:
On 8/09/2016 4:40 a.m., JackA wrote:
If ANYTHING, these Sony headphones made me realize I was a bit too heavy with bass!! Sensitivity is near equal to my budget Phillips headphones.
I'm happy!

Jack

When mine new I was listening at home and after a bit had a panic attack
that the living room speakers were on blaring and thumping , which would
have been a problem as wifey was on the phone. Could have sworn my
trousers were flapping and the floor was shaking.

Tore off the 7506s , but in fact there were no loudspeakers running.

You should love the 7506s, as the have an extremely bright midrange -
may cure your 3k/K problem.

Please, keep my 3kHz secret low-keyed, I wouldn't want Mike River's audio business to quadruple

This is a very nice post, Geoff, thank you.

I do like these Sony's, even purchased two sets of replacement ear cushions for down the road.

I enjoy doing audio work early morning, when no one is around to bother. But, like you, I'd hear something, then rip off the headphones, waiting for another knock at the door. No one was there, just like I heard the floor pound above me, it was in the recording, maybe someone bumped a microphone!

I enjoy what I call, doing forensic audio work - where was what recorded. During studio talk, someone dropped a metal object and a wood chair was dragged across the floor. Only one type of floor would make that noise - concrete! I then found, even Decca used the basement for recording. Probably an ideal place, to help rid a lot of interference. In this particular case, the Brill Building in NYC.

Jack

Jack

geoff