Adam Drew

Default "Bassiest" component 6.5-inchers for 03 Civic Si hatch

Jason wrote:
"Adam Drew" wrote in message

Hey, y'all.

I want to change out my front speakers. I don't want to fill up half
the hatch with a sub, so I'd like something with some decent punch.
(Those $170 BassLinks on eBay are tempting, tho...) I don't listen to
booty rap or anything like that...just rock, alternative, folk,
acoustic, etc...so clarity is important, too.

Can you guys recommend anything that'd work well with a decent headunit
(25w RMS)? I'd like to avoid installing an amp if possible. (BTW,
anybody know if there's a kit to install a double-DIN headunit in my car?)

I've already changed out the rear speakers with a pair of Alpine
Type-S's because it was so easy and they were so pathetic-looking with
their plastic baskets...the fronts aren't nearly as terrible...though
they're still not anything special.

Thanks in advance,
Adam

I have nothing but raves about my Crystal Components in my Honda Accord.
They definitly can produce good bass. Vocals are excellent and highs are
smooth (I got silk tweets but they offer titanium).
http://www.sounddomain.com/sku/CRYCSC60S 179 bucks is a great price too.
IMO they sounded better than MB Quartz and Focals costing twice as much.
Much less shrill and smoother response over all, including bass. I run
these front and rear, with the rear tweets attenuated.

Thanks...I was looking for something exactly like these. Found 'em at
another store for $149. Do you know if Crystal has a website? I tried
searching.

Thx,
Adam