John Fields

Default "convert" antenna for clock radio?

On Wed, 10 Mar 2004 12:29:30 -0600, Gary A. Edelstein
wrote:

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 22:59:31 GMT, user wrote:

Possible to convert/translate/connect the single wire
"antenna" of my clock radio to a "regular" antenna
of any sort?

If it's a single wire coming out of the radio and no screw connectors,
then it's 75 ohm and you could look at adding a longer wire, hooking
up a single rod antenna to it or hooking it to the center of a 75 to
300 ohm transformer (probably a few dollars at Radio Shack) and
hooking up rabbit ears to the 300 ohm end of the transformer.

---
If it's a single wire coming out of the radio I can't imagine why you'd
think it's 75 ohms.

--
John Fields