Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Amp for Subwoofer

Bob Simon wrote:

I=E2=80=99ve read that some applications require high current. Due to its =
light weight, I doubt this amp can source a lot of current. Does a subwoof=
er require a lot of current? If so, I=E2=80=99m wondering if this amp woul=
d not be suitable for this purpose.

Try it. Does it clip? Does it overheat? If not, go with it.

The D-75A is not exactly the best sounding amplifier of all time, but
putting it on a subwoofer is likely to avoid most of the sound issues
with it, and that NHT subwoofer isn't a very demanding load.