Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Does this look like an authentic film of an actual recording?

On 11/3/2019 11:58 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Mike Rivers wrote:
Who cares? And why?

Because the original post was someone asking if it was real.

Now... that said... this is a short piece out of a feature film which includes
a lot of concert footage that IS real, and I urge everyone to watch the whole
film and see the concerts which make it clear that the band really IS that
tight.

Is it so hard to believe that a band can actually turn in a good live
performance in the studio? It's a small group, just a few vocalists, no
trick effects, playing a song that they've probably played hundreds of
times. Maybe I've been listening to too many bluegrass bands who, with
maybe a run-through or two to get the mix sorted out, could record an
album and have it ready for distribution in a couple of hours.

If I were to question anything about being live, it would be that the
12-string guitar sounds better than I expected for that setup, but it's
certainly possible.

Now here's on that's definitely live, and Mary does a better job that I
expected keeping up with Les.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awjTKeS9Wvo