Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Howard Stone Howard Stone is offline

Default Theta DS Pro Prime II DAC

On Tuesday, April 16, 2019 at 9:24:59 PM UTC+1, Peter Wieck wrote:
On Friday, April 5, 2019 at 9:50:24 AM UTC-4, Howard Stone wrote:
In fact twice now I've been bowled over by the difference that a DAC made, once with a DAC made by a little Canadian company called Museatex, and now with this Theta, which arrived a couple of days ago.

I have it in a system with an a little Quad 303 amp, and Mission 770 Mk2 speakers. It sounds fabulous! Suddenly you can hear the sound of a string starting to be plucked, or the texture of a horsehair bow on gut.

The Missions are a new buy, and they are surprisingly good!

After a little bit of time - what are your continued impressions?

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

Having just spent some time switching DACs around and listening, much to my surprise the Theta makes a very substantial difference for the good. Where the impact of the DAC is most clear is in the tone, the Theta is not especially bright, and that's good.

DACs matter it seems!