Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Scott[_6_] Scott[_6_] is offline

Default The future of "high end" audio

On Sunday, December 1, 2013 8:12:29 PM UTC-8, ScottW wrote:
On Sunday, December 1, 2013 7:17:58 AM UTC-8, Audio_Empire wrote:

But I digress and I think you are missing my point. I'm not comparing the "iPod"-like

appliances to the stereos of my youth, merely the buyers. An audio enthusiast is always

going to want a decent stereo system and always has, and the average joe is going to

want convenience, low prices and what's considered cool by the standards of the day - always has.

My point is that as the qualitative difference between what you consider decent and what's readily available shrinks....the number of audio enthusiasts who see value in that difference shrinks as well.

ScottW

Maybe. Yet we are having this discussion in the midst of a youth driven massive surge in sales of new vinyl. It's funny how each generation manages to grow up, grow older and more sophisticated and diverse in their tastes and interests. I really don't see Ipods as the downfall of high end audio. Some youngsters will look for more. It happens with every generation