Posted to rec.audio.tech
gregz gregz is offline

Default Using PC speakers on a TV?

Doug Freyburger wrote:
gregz wrote:

My old 32 inch had front firing speakers. Did not sound bad, especially
with added sub. My new 42 inch has downward facing speakers. I still have
pieces of cardboard acting as reflectors to get some kind of decent sound.
These sets are made for wall flush mounting sound. Any other configuration
is much worse. And god forbid, installed inside an entertainment center.

I'll take a close look at the internal speakers and consider a cardboard
reflector, thanks. It's in an entertainment center so it can share
space with the Wii, the Tivo and cable converter, the drawers of discs
and parts for the Wii.

If it's boxed in, I would add foam sheet on back wall, to get rid of
boxiness sound.

Greg