Posted to rec.audio.tech
kiwianalog kiwianalog is offline

Default can anyone identify this stylus and cartridge?

"Peter Larsen" wrote in message
kiwianalog wrote:

Hi, I bought a 2ndhand kenwood kd-55f turntable from a shop a couple
of weeks ago and was told by the guy that it had an audio technica
needle,

"Cartridge" generally includes "needle" as a component thereof, and not
all needles are designed to be detachable.

I knew almost nothing at the time but was sceptical but he
assured me this is what it was but despite that I am now almost
convinced it is not such a thing as there are no markings on it

It looks like the general shape of things Audio Technica, and it does
not appear improbable that Kenwood would have used A-T oem.

of any kind and i am not even sure that the needle can be removed
from the cartridge which would be a very bad sign.

Why would that be bad?

Anyhow if someone can confirm whether it is a audio technica and even

better
what exactly it is it would be greatly appreciated. The link to a photo

is
below.

http://www.pbase.com/kiwianalog/image/70416766

Cartridges are like brake disks, you replace them occasionally, and
doing just that is likely to be a good idea if you do not know age and
wear status - note that wear and/or deterioration of suspension is more
likely to be an issue than wear on the diamond.

Peter Larsen

Don't you mean stylus are like disc brakes?