Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Dennis Moore

Default The truth about accuracy of CD v. LP

http://www.sickoftalk.com/whyvinyl_two.html

Part way down the page is the info you are asking about.

http://www.sickoftalk.com/whyvinyl.html

And here is other useful explanations of how records are made.

I do however disagree with his reasons for why vinyl is better or that it is
better.

In this article he mentions that reference discs are cut to allow producers
to see how the transfer to LP will sound compared to the master tape.
If vinyl were so much superior, why wouldn't it sound like the master tape?
Well because of all the EQ, varying frequency response and other factors not
to mention to modest S/N values of vinyl.

Dennis

"---MIKE---" wrote in message
I don't know how true this is but I used to hear that it was necessary
to compensate for the slower speed at the inner grooves of an LP. This
compensation could be a boost in the higher frequencies or a boost in
the overall levels. Does anyone know about this?

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44° 15' N - Elevation 1580')