doug

some people havent got ears that are trained very well
and while mine are from years of live sound reinforcement and PA system
finalizing, as well as recording and mixing engineer in some interesting
projects I still like to be able to look at a plot to see whether I am
hearing 2nd harmonic distortion or 3rd harmonic or IMD or what.

Doug

"Patrick Turner" wrote in message

Ruud Broens wrote:

"doug" wrote in message
: very cool stuff
: nice to have the tools to measure it with too huh?
:
: Doug

Yep, Doug, all true
it's da tools puttin' da smile
on the scientists' face
even on
a rany day
Rudy

And some would wonder what change would the
positive feedback make on the sound.

Patrick Turner.

~~~~
: "Brian" wrote in message
: om...
: I hooked up my HP 141T/8552B/8556A spectrum analyzer to the

push-pull
: 6V6 amp today and measured the following harmonic levels at 10 volts
: P-P output (1.5 watts) into 8 ohms:
:
: 2nd 3rd
: feedback -64 -52 dB
: no feedback -55 -48
:
: So not only does the unusual feedback path increase the overall gain

3
: dB, it lowers the distortion.
:
: Brian