Ned Carlson

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 23:12:15 +0000, Wild Bill wrote:

I don't recall Woodward, but the Schumacher script type on the tester
looks like the same script of the present-day Schumacher company tha

It is, it used to be called Woodward-Schumacher.

produces automotive battery chargers.

Yep, they're at http://www.batterychargers.com/

They might have some other
information regarding the history of the tester.

Doubtful, but who knows?

From what I can discern, what this thing does is
put a neon bulb in series with the plate or cathode,
if the tube is drawing current, the bulb lights up.

It's a simple go/no-go test, and doesn't tell you
if the tube has defects other than lack of
emission. So its usefulness basically extends to
ferreting out truly dead tubes.

--
Ned Carlson Triode Electronics Chicago,IL USA
www.triodeelectronics.com