Paul Vina

Default speaker protection

You just contradicted yourself, and in a BIG way. The size of the amp
shouldn't matter since you said it was clipping that destroys speakers. if
the amp in my laptop is clipping the speakers should be dead, but they're
not. You're getting farther and farther into the corner you've painted
yourself into and you're running out of room to backpedal.

Paul Vina

"Pug Fugley" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
Overheating. Speaker design 101..check into it.

The speakers will only overheat if the clipped signal carries more

voltage
than the speakers can handle.

Funny that you didn't have anything to say about my post where I told

you
my
laptop speakers are powered by a clipped signal all time and haven't

blown
yet. Convenient.

Does a 1/4 watt amplifier ever NOT clip?