Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Default Loud vocals are better dealt with at the Local Level....

Les Cargill wrote:
(Scott Dorsey) wrote:
Les Cargill wrote:

Dave Morgan would have a legal pad and write down time marks and
fader moves. You can do same with gain-line drawing tools now.

If I don't have charts, I'll often do that. If I have charts,
or even just a lyric sheet, I'll write fader and eq moves down on
them.

The implication is that if you'd tracked it right, you wouldn't have to
do that. But sometimes, it's just that way.

Depends a lot on the style and how predictable the vocalist is. If it's
traditional acoustic stuff, that would certainly be the case.