Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Loud vocals are better dealt with at the Local Level....

On 11/24/2014 7:43 AM, Luxey wrote:

Drawing those lines can get tricky and is more suitable, AFAIK, for riding and
leveling longer passages. For anything less than couple of bars of music I slice
it to pieces and adjust volume per segment. Then I limit it all to the ground.

One of the most talked about new features of Pro Tools 10 was "clip
gain." You can highlight a segment, as large or small as you need, and
pop up a fader to change the volume of that clip.

I thought every DAW could do that, and I guess they can, but it may take
one or two extra steps. My Mackie HDR24/96, which is 15 years old, can
do it.

--
For a good time, visit http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com