Roger W. Norman

Default Aphex Comps - Which are the good ones?

Thanks. Good thread. Of the products I've used, I agree with most of the
assessments. Compellor is pretty good and quite transparent across the 2
bus unless you simply are looking for a ****ed up sound. Expressor does a
fairly good job taming some tracks that could use a little umph without
going overboard. As always, nothing serves every scenario, and if dollars
aren't a problem for a little more, you shouldn't have too much of a problem
with either one.

As always, fun to see Jim Williams is still paying attention. I'd thought
we lost him 6 months ago! g

--

Roger W. Norman
SirMusic Studio

"Analogeezer" wrote in message
om...
I am thinking about adding another compressor to my collection and I
started thinking about the Apex line.

Geez, Expressor, Compellor, Dominator, it's hard to keep them all
straight. I've heard some of them totally suck and that others are
really cool. Then there is one that supposedly sucks until Jim
Williams mods it, then it's really cool.

Other than staying away from anything that says "Tubessence", can
anybody suggest what the Aphex comps to look for are?

I know the Dominator is more aimed at broadcast apps, but what's the
diff between an expressor and compellor?

Thanks,

Analogeezer