Posted to rec.audio.pro
Predrag Trpkov Predrag Trpkov is offline

Default Why do singers hold their headphones?

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
Whenever I see those feel-good videos of famous singers banding together
and
singing a cute song in order to stop world hunger, I notice that most of
them
are holding their headphones with one hand. Is there a useful purpose to
this,
or is it just for looks? I sometimes see music videos that look the same,
with
the singer in what looks like a studio with one hand clasped against her
headphones.

Also, if a singer is wearing headphones, what does he or she hear in them?
Is
it just her own voice, or a mix of everyone singing plus instruments, or
what?
Why wear headphones to begin with (assuming that everyone is being
recorded in
the same room)?

Unless they actually remove the headphones from one ear, which helps with
the intonation, it's the same reason they hold their headset mics - they
just don't know what to do with their hands.

Predrag