Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] air453@gmail.com is offline

Default Vintage Shure 55c, trouble getting good sound quality

Hey everyone,

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but thank you everyone who helped me
make a hybrid out of my vintage 55c. It has turned out great! There
is currently a 58 element and transformer in it, and on Wednesday I
used it at a George Washington women's basketball game (for radio).
It was perfect! It was fun to use, and surprisingly effective! We
sat right next to the bench, and the student section was directly
behind me, and yet the mic sounded at least as good, if not better
than the normal headset my color guy was using. The broadcast was
also recorded by the technicians in the arena (for posterity I guess),
and he said it sounded great!

So thanks to all of you, especially for your patience with me.

Adam