Phil Allison

"Pooh Bear" wrote in message
Phil Allison wrote:

"Richard Freeman" ..
"Arny Krueger"
"Chris Breitner"

I have a ribbon mic I'd like to gig with, and the PA systems we

use
normally plug into have an all-channels-on/off for the phantom

power.
Our vocalist uses a condenser mic, so she needs it on. If the

phantom
power hits my ribbon mic, it might permanently damage the ribbon
element.

Does anyone know of a DIY homebrew solution?

Measure the resistance from pin 2 and 3 to pin 1 using an ohm meter

with
limited current, such as a good DVM.. If it is infinity, you don't

have
problem, and then stop worrying.

Of course it could have a Transformer isolated output in which case he

could
read a near short and still not have to worry ....

** You better **re-read** what Arny posted - ie test from pins " 2

and
3 to pin 1 " !!!!!!!

Never heard of a centre-tapped transformer as often used in what would now

be
vintage gear ? Nice DC R connecting all the pins.

** Got any idea at all why the ohm meter tests are being suggested at all

It would **really ** help if you pulled your fat head out of your bum
prior to posting, Pooh.